Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sending Them Home Early!

Tom's Cookin' Brats.
It was another successful road trip with the Gators last weekend.  My buddy Tom and I made the trip up from Gainesville on Friday.  At dinner a couple of very friendly Vols gave us some suggestions about where to tailgate and how early to get there.  Their advice was perfect.  So after a quiet morning spent with Tom's friends, we headed into Knoxville.  We got a spot to tailgate in a lot on 22nd and White for $20.  I've seen prices much higher than that in Gainesville, so no complaints.  We set up some of our gear and then settled in to listen to some pregame talk.  I used the TuneIn Radio app on my iPhone to get WRUF in Gainesville and then plugged the phone into our radio.  It worked perfectly so we were treated to some Gator pregame.  We also chatted with a number of Vols fans who told us the plan was to storm the field after their Vols beat the Gators.  Florida had won seven in a row in the series, but I guess they were feeling very confident.  After Tom cooked up some brats (left) we headed toward the stadium.

Great View
Last week I had really lousy seats at Texas A&M, but still had a great time.  This week I had a much better view (right).  Once again, the first half was closer than I would like, but the second half was marvelous.  Big plays and the right defensive adjustments put the Vols in a hole and seemed to shake up their quarterback.  The Tennessee fans started leaving early in the fourth quarter, and the stands were almost devoid of Vols by the time the game ended and we were singing the Gator fight song (below).

I've only attended two true Gator road games, and I'm 2-0!  Don't you think the Gators ought to take me to all future games ... at their expense, of course!!

The Vols Went Home Early

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!